Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Home!

I was released from the hospital last Friday in the early afternoon. It has been so much better being home. It is so nice being here and being able to spend time with my little family again.



I have been slowly starting to feel better, but have lost my taste, am still struggling with nausea a lot, and am very fatigued. This is fairly similar to how I've felt after previous rounds of chemo, but I have never had such issues with nausea. Dealing with this stuff at home is 1000x better than being in the hospital, but it is still hard to feel this bad everyday. It wears on me. I've probably said this before, but not being able to taste food/having everything taste nasty kills me! This may sound extreme but I'm a total foody and it makes life dull and void to me. It is by far the worst side effect. I've lost almost 20 lbs. since I went into the hospital. It's too bad I still have a fine layer of pudge where there used to be definition from being sedentary for almost a year now and I've lost quite a bit of muscle as well. I'm hoping my taste comes back soon because I think that will help with the nausea and possibly the fatigue.


Before
After (Brooke says I look like Gollum)




















On another note, I went to the doctor today to have my blood counts checked. Everything looks really good. All of my counts are back to normal or close to it. I have my follow-up appointment with the transplant doc in St. Louis on Friday. I'm hoping I can get an appt. to take this stupid venous catheter out when I go. I have had it for a month and it is driving me crazy. I shouldn't need any more transfusions or anything so I think it will just be a matter of if they can fit me in. I don't want to have to drive all the way there again just to have this thing pulled out.

We did get an offer on our house, however it was pretty low and we are still trying to hash out a deal. Hopefully we will know something tomorrow. I'd love to sell this thing so we can move on and start looking for places in Oklahoma City. (Update- Sold the house! We close on Oct. 11)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were a self avowed foody. Welcome to the club. You better be careful or you'll end up watching food network all day and asking people what they ate for dinner. And you will end up planning your vacations around your favorite restaurants.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are home and so glad (and jealous) you sold your house. Good luck with the move and all. Hope you feel better and can taste things soon.

    ReplyDelete